It was fun to discover that the very first bonzers made by its inventors in 1971, the Campbell brothers, used a very similar template to my Bou model. Those first boards didn’t have the famous concaves yet, but they’re considered to be the first to herald the tri-fin setup, in a time where everyone was still on singlefins.
Warning: Last items in stock!
It wasn’t until I came up with the FlamaVolta technology that I could finally commit to making a proper bonzer bottom. The FlamaClassic and FlamaEvolve techs did not allow such crazy contours, or at least made it too difficult. This board is built with a mix of FlamaEvolve and FlamaVolta, and come with the classic bonzer fins made with a bamboo ply.
* Take in mind that volume can be modified in many ways, so a shorter board can have more liters than a longer one. We’ll figure out the best dimensions for you when we design the board.
Every Flama board is totally custom made, we don’t make stock boards. This means we you should use our board catalogue as a starting point. Also take board measurements and liters as mere orientation. Just let us know what you’re looking for, what kind of surfing or feel you envise, the boards you usually ride and your favourite one, the kind of waves you expect to surf, etc. The more I know from you the better! With that info in mind I’ll design the board and pass you a proposal so you can check it and give me the ok.
• You preffer a stiffer and longer lasting board (we don’t mean heavier!).
• A board that allows DIY repairs. Cork rails also absorve impacts in a way you won’t believe, and if they ever ding they do not urge to be repaired.
• It’s going to be your everyday board or plan to travel a lot with it.
• You want a very light and more performance oriented board.
• If you’re looking for the flexy and pop feel of an EPS/epoxi board.
• If we work with a hand shaped board.
• Fixed bonzer fins of bamboo ply and 10.5" Usbox
• Possible decoration with tints or small pyrographed logo/image
• Serial number and GoldLevel Ecoboard certification stamp
Prices do not include:
• Extra fin boxes
• Drawings or extensive decorations
— Allow a period of 8/10 weeks to make your surfboard. Once I start I'll be sending you pictures of the whole process so you can follow how your board is being made.—
We don’t ship outside EU due to environmental reasons. There are very good builders all arround the planet that might be closer to where you live. Just let us know and we’ll try to recommend you other sustainable labels we trust.
CHECK THE FLAMA INSTRUCTION MANUAL TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BOARD.
* required fields